Datafeedr is supposed to be a one stop tool for affiliate marketers who are lacking a bit in technical knowledge, and allow them to build an affiliate store. I say supposed because it is not as easy to build as it is portrayed. While it has some powerful features, in my opinion, you DO need quite a bit of technical knowledge to get it working correctly. Having said that, it is a powerful tool that allows you to set up and manage an affiliate store without having to weed through hours of data feeds and learn a lot of programming language.
- You keep 100% of your commissions
In order to retrieve your commissions from all affiliates, you must be enrolled in their programs. Some of these affiliate can be difficult to join, some are immediate.
- Very inexpensive to try out
To me, this is a huge advantage to the affiliate novice. A $27 – per month fee is charge per store. If you want to try out the software on one site and see if you can do it, $27 is very cheap!
- Seamless integration with WordPress
Yes, it is somewhat seamless, but does take some technical knowledge
- Create unlimited affiliate datafeed stores
As long as you are approved by the affiliates, which in the case of PepperJam can be a long, daunting process
- Up to 100,000 products can be displayed per store
You can choose to have 100,000 products from one store, or 10 from this one, 50 from that one
- No datafeed access fees
You pay the one monthly fee and pay no additional fees for the feeds themselves
Pros and Cons of DataFeedr
Pros of DataFeedr
- Inexpensive to start up and try
- Full support, members forum and training videos
- Zero additional investment for each data feed
- Pick your own products and merchants and create pages by merchant, products or categories
- Works with just about any WordPress theme
- Hierarchy of product categories 9 levels deep
- Looks professional
Cons of DataFeedr
- Requires more technical knowledge than is alleged
- User interface is very confusing and takes lots of “hit or misses” to get it right
- Image files can be somewhat skewed based on how the merchant has loaded their feed. This can be fixed within WordPress, but again, takes quite a bit of technical knowledge.
About the DataFeedr Developers
Datafeedr Developers are Eric Busch and Stefan Everaet
Cost and Licensing of DataFeedr
- If you have more than one store, the monthly price can get quite expensive.
1 Site Plan – $27.00 per month
5 Site Plan – $47.00 per month
10 Site Plan – $67.00 per month
Unlimited Site Plan – $97.00 per month
- Free Forum for Registered buyers
- Free Upgrades as long as you pay your monthly fee
Requirements to use Datafeedr
While you don’t have to be an affiliate with all of these companies, in order to get the best return on your store, you really should become a member with at the least the ones I’ve highlighted.
- Commission Junction
- NetShops (via Pepperjam)